Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use manual solution controls?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hs.simanto
764 Views, 4 Replies

How to use manual solution controls?

I tired to solve several problems where very precise value of  temperature was needed, but as the intelligent solver manager was enabled, iterations stopped because of very small change in results. Now i want to run the same simulation keeping intelligent solution control off. But I can't fully understand the uses of different parameters in manual solution control. Need experts suggestion 🙂

Thank You!

Simanto
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
waited
in reply to: hs.simanto

Hi,

I would suggest leaving the intelligent solution control enabled.  But on the intelligent solution control window, Click on Advanced... and uncheck the automatic convergence assessment.  That way, the computation will not end when small temperature changes are encountered.  It will keep running, limited only by the number of iterations / time steps you allow.

Dave

Message 3 of 5
OmkarJ

Also, if your solution is diverging, you can reduce the parameters in manual control to make it more stable. But after doing that, it is generally recommended to keep the intelligent solution control on.

Message 4 of 5
hs.simanto
in reply to: waited

thanks Smiley Happy

Simanto
Message 5 of 5
napoleonm

Keep in main, that changing values to a more relaxed values (let say 0.25), you need to run more iteration to get a fully develop flow (stateady state) in your model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report