Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimise Autodesk CFD simulation 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
n.jacky
1008 Views, 4 Replies

How to optimise Autodesk CFD simulation 2012

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding the optimisation of the efficiency of the software. Are there some modifications in my computert to allow CFD simulation to use the maximum of my machine.

Thank a lot

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: n.jacky

By default Simulation CFD 2012 will use as many physical* cores as exist on the machine

*Note we do not leverage Hyper-Threading (or virtual cores). If you have Hyper-Threading turned on, (assuming 4core cpu) we would at most use 50% according to Windows. Windows will report 8threads, 4 physical cores and 4 virtual. We will set 1 solver per real core.

Aside from that, there shouldn't be any other tweaks required to optimize your machine for CFD.

Apolo

Message 3 of 5
ericdixon07
in reply to: n.jacky

Does this mean that if I have hyperthreading enabled on my computer that the software will automatically adjust for this, or that I should disable hyperthreading to achieve better performance?

Message 4 of 5

Correct. When we installed we assessed your system to find how many physical cores exist (excluding HyperThreaded cores) and we run enough solvers to max out those physical cores.

No further adjustments needed

Message 5 of 5

Hello

it would be any performance increase in turning OFF the HyperThreading?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report