Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find surfaces in Autodesk CFD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sshoeb42
1850 Views, 5 Replies

How to find surfaces in Autodesk CFD

Hi Guys,

I just wanna know how to find the surface directly in autodesk CFD.

Autodesk CFD says that check surface 24 on the CAD model but how should i know which surface is 24

Thanks

Shoeb

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: sshoeb42

Shoeb

I struggled with the same problem but found no direct way to do this. But there exists a (longer) way.

Go to Setup > Mesh Sizing and select "Surface" under Selection. Now hover the cursor on any surface and it will give you its number. If it's not the number you want, hide it and keep doing it until you find the numbers closer to 24, say from 15 to 40, and somewhere in those bunch of surfaces is hidden #24.

Often I have realised that surfaces close to each other are numbered adjacently.  So this should be your clue.

Cheers

OJ

Message 3 of 6
akarlsso

There is another way to do this.

Go in under "Mesh size" then "Diagnostics". there you can create a group of the reported problem surfaces.

After the group is created surfaces and their number will be visible in the design study bar. Simply click on the number you want and it will highlight in the model.

Disclaimer: this is in 2012 have not tried in 2013 yet

Message 4 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: akarlsso

Didn't know, thanks.

Cheers

OJ

Message 5 of 6
sshoeb42

Hi guys,

yep i found the solution much easier.....

actually u need to go BC first and select all surfaces and goto selection list button on top...it will show u all the surfaces highlighted with surface numbers now u need to select the surface that u need to highlight.....yepppiii

Thanks guys

Shoeb.

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report