Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define boundary conditions to an enclosed space with inner heat source?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
relbats
357 Views, 4 Replies

How to define boundary conditions to an enclosed space with inner heat source?

Hello everyone, i am a new learner in CFD area.so,sorry,my question may be a little simple to you.

i wanna to analyse a enclosed space with an inner heat source,but how can i define the boundary conditions in this case?

i think this case looks like a bulb,You burn the filament,and get the temperature distribution in the bulb surface.

i think the radiation should be considered with priority,but how to define? and  how to define the condition of the inside of the bulb?

Thanks for all you useful suggestions and answers,hope to get the detailed steps.Smiley Surprised

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: relbats

Do you have a bulb modelled?

You could run very simply with just a thermal (film coeff) and radiation coefficient on the outside surface of it, or you could use our lighting guide to model the room and allow for more accurate airflow predictions.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 5
stalindurai1091
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hello i am doing a projct under a lighting device, in that a bulb is inside a casing in which only bottom side , other three side is closed . how to define th eboundary condition for this model? can i get you mail id, so that i can send you that model.

Message 4 of 5
stalindurai1091
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

how to give the heat source for a cfl?
Message 5 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: stalindurai1091

Hi,

I would prefer to stick to working through the forum. Check out the guide here, which is lighting specific I think it should be all you need.

Also run through our tutorial models, this will give you the basics and should be enough to move ahead with.

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report