Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

Product Support
Royce_adsk
Accepted Solution

How to Contact Technical Support?

3120 Views, 8 Replies
05-22-2012 12:38 PM

I wanted to make users more aware of some solutions out there that give instructions on how to reach the technical support team through either...

Reminder that web and phone support are only for those that are on active subscription.  Subscription users are welcome to contact technical support for any sort of How-To, Troubleshooting, or even to discuss future projects to make sure you start in the right direction before you begin working. We are here to help!

The Web:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

The Phone:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Your best bet at reaching us is by creating a web case.  This way you can upload support share files (extension .cfz NOT .cfdst) and add as much detail as possible so the support team can resolve your case as fast as possible.  We actively monitor these cases and will get back to you as soon as possible!  Just because you created a web case doesn't mean we won't give you a call.

If you have any logon issue, access, or need assitance from our customer support team there are many resources located here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=19759203&siteID=123112

If a simulation job fails to solve in the cloud, meaning you can't upload the job, solve, or download to the client software on your desktop when complete, the following diagnostics information should be provided with your case.

• %TEMP%\DSSP.log (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\DSSP.log) - This is the Simulation Job Manager (SJM) log file and is the most important item to collect since it includes details of all network errors which may be occurring.
  • %TEMP%\ujmcdump.dmp & %TEMP%\ujmcdump.txt - These files are created if the Simulation Job Manager (SJM) crashes and can be used to diagnose the reason for the crash.
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Web Services (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services) - This folder contains information from your sign on and can be very useful when diagnosing permission / entitlement / sign-on issues.
  • Simulation Job Log - This information can be captured using the context menu (right click) in Simulation Job Manager (SJM) on a relevant job and selecting 'Job Log'. This will display a job specific log in a text editor, this file can then be saved to the desktop and attached to your case.
  • If the problem being observed is model or scenario specific, please provide the support file (.cfz). We are not able to access customer data on the cloud so would need their model to reproduce the failure.
  • I would not post these logs to the forum, but instead log a case and provide the files there.

You are of always welcome to work through the forums!

Best Regards,

Simulation CFD Tech Support Team

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

Re: How to Contact Technical Support?

05-22-2012 12:46 PM in reply to: Royce_adsk

Please provide any feedback positive or negative on your experiences working with a technical support rep, the support platform, the autodesk support phone system, or anything that you would like!

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.
mike.stroup

08-01-2012 01:27 PM in reply to: Royce_adsk

Support has always ben great...

specially Apolo, Todd and Royce!!

Thumbs up!

Please use plain text.
jplofaso

08-30-2012 08:47 AM in reply to: Royce_adsk

I have tried to submit a case specifically for CFD but the pulldown for the product selection does not work. I can not enter the product either. Without it, my case will not submit.

Please use plain text.
nrizk

01-16-2013 06:19 AM in reply to: Royce_adsk

The instructions shown for creating a new case, in step 2 states; ..."Request Support."... However, the actual web site does not have a "Request Support" function. Do you have instructions that actually match the functionality of the web site?

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

01-16-2013 06:38 AM in reply to: nrizk

Hi nrizk,

It can be a bit confusing, but that solution is correct.  The reason being is that all standard end users of software in a companies support contract default to not having phone and web support access.

It is up to the contract manager/software coordinator at your company to assign various privaliages to their users.

Find your Contract Manager/Software Coordinator:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17854321&linkID=1683120

Edit Permissions - Done by contract manager or software coordinator:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18159135&linkID=9240617

Great Question!

Royce

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.
Contributor
c3110765

09-28-2013 04:34 AM in reply to: Royce_adsk

How does one obtain a subscription to Autodesk? I am extremely interested in obtaining web or phone support, in the interest of better conducting a research thesis I am presently undertaking. I have already got a student licence to both Revit and Simulation CFD.

Kind Regards,

Ron

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
JohnTomasik6493

02-18-2014 08:07 AM in reply to: Royce_adsk

The phone link in the very first post says it no longer exists.  The web link in that post takes me to a general product page, and I still haven't found my way to the subscription center to log a request and upload a file.  I tried to go to the "Find your Contract Manager/Software Coordinator"  , but that link takes me to yet another web page that states the page I'm looking for no longer exists.

Is there any tech support that can help us find tech support?   LOL...

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

02-18-2014 10:00 AM in reply to: JohnTomasik6493

Hi John,

Those links should now be fixed.  We recently updated our backend which apparently is breaking many of our old links.

Bummer,

Royce

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.