Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dennisarcenas
480 Views, 4 Replies

How long does it take..

I would like to ask how long does it take me to learn SImCFD to from a  beginner to average CFD modeller. I have a good understading

of fluid dynamics and familiar with autodesk software (autocad, revit and etc..).

I'm only interested in simulating air-conditioning system (data centre, operating room, ventilation and human comfort condition). SInce I'm working full time, I'm only looking at spending 1 hr everyday for weekdays and at least 3 hrs for weekends.

I know there are a lot of factors to consider, I just want to know what is the average duration.

Thank you...

Wannabee CFD modeller.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: dennisarcenas

I would suggest you have enough time to learn it for your specific use.

Start off looking at our oniline CFD tutorials and then with a geometrically simple model.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dennisarcenas

I came to Autoesk from a CFX background. It's fairly easy in comparison; most of the comlex options are hidden and put in noraml configuration which makes it a bit easier.

The only problem is learning what's unstable. There are certain things that I avoid becuase I know that they'll crash the software.

The auto-meshing is very good in Autodesk which will knock out the main time consumer for most CFD software.

Message 4 of 5
derrek.cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd be interested in areas that you feel are unstable. The software should never crash. May make sense for you to talk to our team offline to reproduce what you are seeing?
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: derrek.cooper

There are lots of areas where there are instabilities from opening the software to closing it (both operations crash the software occasionally for me). Additionally, I've had crashes interacting with almost all result functions.

There's rarely too much work lost, so it's never too much of a pain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report