Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the space automatically filled?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jrm_1971
400 Views, 5 Replies

How is the space automatically filled?

How is the empty space automatically filled with a fluid volume when it is brought over from Inventor like in this video?

http://vp.telvue.com/player?id=T01885&video=58311

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: jrm_1971

Hi jrm,

It is a boolean process, which only works if the model is 100% sealed. The advantage of utilisnig this vs using the 'Void Fill' function in CFD, is that we have control over the lengths of the inlets and outlets - ensuring a nice developed flow from the inlet and no recirculation over the outlet.

Message 3 of 6
jrm_1971
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

My model was 100% sealed and it did not do it automatically. Is there a setting in CFD 360 for auto fill?

Message 4 of 6
Jon.Wilde

No, it would/should do it automatically, unless there is something very complex that it could be struggling with?

Or if there is a tiny gap somewhere. From experience it is often the latter.

If there is a leak, to find it you could place the entire model in a box - within CFD using the Geometry tools.

Suppress everything apart from the air, apply a P=1psi internally and a p=0 externally and use and ISO surface to identify the leakage path.

Message 5 of 6
jrm_1971
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I performed the leak test to this video

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_CFD/enu/community/Videos/How_to_Generate_an_Interior_Volume_...

No leaks show. I did fill the void manually, but I suspect the same thing that resulted in the automatic fill failure is boogering my analysis results.

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Please could you attach a cfz/support file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report