Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Transfer Simulation through the walls - surface resistance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mateusz.mironiuk
884 Views, 3 Replies

Heat Transfer Simulation through the walls - surface resistance

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate heat transfer among indoor and outdoor the house.

I've set up constant temperature on both sides of the wall as a boundary condition, but my problem is with surface resistance (Rsi, Rse). There's nothing like that in the boundary conditions menu. 

Nothing happens when I'm adding the film coefficient on external and internal surfaces (with the value equals of inversed Rsi/Rse value to substitute Rsi/Rse). I guess that it doesn't cooperate when I've set up those BC on the same surface (constant temp. and film coefficient)

What should I do to make it work? Should I add an extra layer to the wall or add the air volume with constant temperature instead of wall's surface constant temperature?

Thanks in advance for help and sorry for my english 😉

Matthew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can add a thermal resistance in the materials section where it adds a thermal resistance. Don?t have the dialog box in front of me at the moment, but select a surface, add materials.. You should see it there?
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 3 of 4

I'm looking for the thermal resistance of a layer of material [m^2 * K / W ] which occur between ambiend air and surfaces etc.

I actually don't want to change thermal resistance of material (what I've done) but only....well, surface resistance.

I clicked right mouse button on particular indoor surface (with "surface" mode) , then chose "Edit...", then "Materials" window showed up. I can choose there "type" among "Solid", "Resistance" and "Contact Resistance" but can't change the walue of contact resistance in materials section.

Well, actually contact resistance makes some sense, unit fits as well, but there's only one value available. 3 * 10^-5 m^2 * K / W

I also don't know if it will work when I add constant temperature on the same surface as I add this contact resistance.

Although I'm still looking for help, thanks sir 😉

Message 4 of 4

You should have a look in the help system, at the topic about changing materials, the process would be here the same for you.

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report