Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Release Rate

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kaiwei
838 Views, 5 Replies

Heat Release Rate

Hi,

Is CFDesign able to show the Heat Release Rate (measured in kilowatts or megawatts) in its results? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: kaiwei

kaiwei,

Yes when we run thermal models we will compute the amount of energy released from a component.

What I might suggest is to look at any of our electronic thermal example models and step through them as you would be able to see the types of output from within Simulation CFD (CFdesign 2011 and prior is the legacy product name prior to being acquired by Autodesk)

Apolo

Message 3 of 6
kaiwei
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Hi,

Firstly, I was wondering if Simulation CFD 2013 is able to do what Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) is capable of? Please refer to the attached picture for what I am referring to.

Secondly, I was wondering if Simulation CFD 2013 is approved by any Fire Safety Board for use? If so, are there any limitations. Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
apolo_vanderberg

kaiwei,

Please take a moment to read through our Wiki Help (heres a link to our Smoke Modeling for fire safety)

This  should answer man of your questions.

Apolo

Message 5 of 6
kaiwei
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Hi Apolo,

We have verified the capabilities for Smoke modelling but users are asking for a simulation of items combusting. For example, can Simulation CFD simulate the combustion of a wooden table in an enclosed room? From the simulation, the user would like to know the Heat Release Rate.

Message 6 of 6
Royce_adsk

Simulation CFD cannot model combustion.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report