Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the grid spacing slider bar

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scott.biba
447 Views, 2 Replies

Finding the grid spacing slider bar

Can someone please tell me where the grid spacing slider bar is?  I want to tighten it up so that I can see more velocity vectors.

I have the global velocity vectors turned on and the view set to outline.  the grid sitting is nowhere in sight.

Also, is there an easier way to get info on a specific topic, such as traditional product documentation in a pdf form?  Or do I have to go out and mine the web to figure out how this works?  The search function in the header bar is pretty useless as I usually get a web page with and autodesk ad and no search results available.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
scott.biba
in reply to: scott.biba

When I click on the question mark in the vector settings dialog box I get a wiki page with "Your search - wikihelp.autodesk.com?adskContextId=PLANE_CONTROLS&language=enu&release ... - did not match any documents".

I hope someone has the intent of making the user documentation for this program better at some point.  One would think that a program of this level would have this pretty well under control.

Message 3 of 3
Gibs740
in reply to: scott.biba

After creating a plane for vectors, hit edit (Planes->Edit).

The Plane Control Vector settings tab has length and spacing sliders.

Two solutions for accessing help:

A quick fix: Create desktop shortcut to:  

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/

You will be accessing online help, the help CFD help buttons still won't work.

Or better, install all CFD help system locally on your PC. Follow these instructions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21208244&linkID=18154757

All help items can now be accessed from within the CFD, as intended.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report