Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNF file into Creo/Mechanica

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mike.stroup
493 Views, 2 Replies

FNF file into Creo/Mechanica

Good day...

I am interested in importing a "FNF" file into Pro/E-Mechanica (Well.. CREO now right?)

Has anyone done this before? The steps? Any way to only import the FNF

of the model surfaces and not the entire domain? (External flow simulation)

thanks again!!

stroup@ga.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob.schlosser
in reply to: mike.stroup

I will add to this thread instead of creating a new post from scratch.  

I am also trying to import an external load via an fnf file into Creo Simulate.  I am able to import the fnf file created by Autodesk as an external load in Creo.  It will preview the load correctly, but fails when running the analysis.

My question for Autodesk is this.  The help file says CFD creates two fnf files.  One compatible with ProEngineer 2001 and one compatible with more recent versions.  When I run my CFD analysis it only creates a single fnf file. This seems to be a version 1 fnf file as given by the header "#PTC_FEM_NEUT 1".  Creo documentation states it now uses a version 3 fnf file given as the header "#PTC_FEM_NEUT 3"

How do I enable or find the newer version of the fnf file?

Message 3 of 3

I found the problem with importing an fnf file for temperature or pressure loads into Creo Simulate.   My original simulation imported the part geometry and created the air volume in CFD.  This confuses Creo when importing the load.  To be able to get the fnf file to import and run a simulation the air volume(s) must be created in Creo.  They can then be suppressed in Simulate if needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report