Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Flow Setup

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
647 Views, 0 Replies

External Flow Setup

I am trying to simulate an electronics chassis sitting on a table in a lab.  Each chassis side panel has 2 sets of pin clusters with a fan impinging on each pin cluster.  This is not really a natural convection problem, but it is not really a wind tunnel-type forced convection problem either, in the sense of air moving over the chassis from front to back. 

I created an air environment around the chassis, but it was either too small or I did not assign boundary conditions properly.  I assigned p=0 and T=55C boundary conditions to the top surface, but after a few iterations with Heat Transfer enabled the entire air volume was heating up significantly, except for the top surface of the air volume which was still at 55 C. 

So I am not sure the chassis temperatures I am getting are true since the air is not constant at 55 C.  Should I have assigned T=55 C to all air volume surfaces?  Or do I need to make the air volume larger?

I have attached 2 .jpeg files for reference.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report