Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting nodal data

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
romar_ro
1051 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting nodal data

Hi, I have cfd2013 vith a student license. For my personal research project i have to do some integration of the speed and temperature, and I would like to use the nodal data for this. The problem is that when I want to export the nodal data I allways get the following error:

Unable to export requested data

Check the following:

1. File permissions and folder privileges

2. disk space

3. make shure the file is not in use by another process

I run the CFD in administrator mode on Win 7 64bit, space I have plenty.

Is this feature disabled in the student version?

And an other problem is that the CFD 2013 crashes unexpectantly sometime it crashes when I want to open a new simulation other time it crashes during the loading of the simulation, other when I try to click on an button.

I have attached a document with the printscreen of the crash and also with the graphic card that the CFD uses.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hartogj
in reply to: romar_ro

Exporting nodal results is a known issue, but thanks for making us aware of your experience. For now, you can output nodal results by setting the flag:

nodal_out_flag 1

The next time the simulation completes (either a full run or just running 0 iterations from the last saved result of a prior run) the file should be output to your scenario folder.

Thanks for the info on the crashes. This is not that common, but if there is a repeatable process for recreating this crash please let us know. You can try setting this flag as it has helped with graphics issues on selected machines:

software_rendering 1

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 4
romar_ro
in reply to: hartogj

Hi, thanks for the nodal flags. it worked. 

For the crash the software_rendering didn't solve the problem. Anyway I have turn the ribbon off and it seems that I have fewer crashes.

Message 4 of 4
cpierce223
in reply to: romar_ro

I am having the same error every time i try to solve, I am very new to cfd but semi-capible of setting up a run. I dont know where to start other than this forum. suggestions?

Chad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report