Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error downloading the result back from the cloud server.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
neri69
385 Views, 4 Replies

Error downloading the result back from the cloud server.

Product: Autodesk Simulation CFD 360

In our test with the infinite simulation we sometimes encounter problems when we are downloading back from the cloud the result solved.

If we have a problem during the downloading all the run are corrupted from the time step where we had the downloading problem.

There is a way to download again the delta or all the run without resolve again everything?

Other examples: we had the same problem when the pc was rebooted from an update of windows, another time we had a problem with a network cable.

So the problem is:

when the solve is already calculated from your cloud server and for some reason there is a problem downloading the result back to the PC there is a way to download again the result from the cloud server? 

www.2dto6d.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: neri69

Hi

If it is gonna be of any help, we have a similar problem with SimCFD 2013, but while working with our own cluster rather than cloud. It appears as if there are some fundamental communication issues for this software when it comes to solving remotely.

To mitigate this, we generally navigate to Cluster >> SimCFD2013 >> HPCAnalyze. Here you can see all the jobs (numbered like job121 etc.) that were submitted in queue for cluster. To identify which job number belongs to which scenario you ran, you can simply go into any jobfolder, peek inside Solver folder, and there, by the name of the files, you can understand which scenario are these files for.

Then, come back to job folder, and copy all the folder/files (including Solver ,Meshing etc.) and replace your local folders/files. It often works if you are lucky!

Perhaps Cloud storage may have different folder structure, but if you could find this out, it may actually work for you.

Cheers

OJ

Message 3 of 5
neri69

Thank You Omkar for your reply.

But there is not consistency and the problem is that if a delta is missing CFD can't give a result and it stays thinking to Itself....

I think that the communication from the cloud and the "client" must be more robust!!

I can't pay for example a solve if this is not correctly came back, we need a flag to set when all the job is really come back "totally".

The job and all the run must not be deleted on the cloud untill we don't give a confirmation, so we can ask to resend the delta that are missing.

And i was thinking that someones from the SIM Squad was more present in this forum....

www.2dto6d.com
Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ

Am not sure if I understood your sentence creation quite entirely, but I understand the sentiment.

In my previous conversation to Autodesk SimCFD support personnel, they have confirmed the "issues" with client-cluster (and presumably client-cloud) communication. Meaning, the remote solving is not as robust as one would like/expect and Autodesk are working on it. Hopefully we see more seamless communication in next version/SP.

Generally the Autodesk support guys are quite active on this forum. But these days it's rather deserted, perhaps because of Christmas holidays.

OJ

Message 5 of 5
neri69

Yes, sorry for my english, i have to improve my written and my terrific pronounce and grammar but always to busy to study new things....

I heard also that in autodesk are going to rewrite part of the Job Manager, cloud is a good thing but if i launch a simulation and i don't have back my result, we loose all the benefit of cloud service.

It's the same for Structural FEM, rendering and so on....

And here in italy we have the worst and slow internet connection.....

www.2dto6d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report