Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mt07ss5
532 Views, 7 Replies

Error Message: Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

Hi,

I want to run this simulation, but everytime i try to generate my Mesh, I get the Error Massage...Think there might be something wrong with my model...but cant find a solution for my problem....

I would really appreciate all help i can get to be able to run my simulation.

I have attached the CFZ file for your review..

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LKania
in reply to: mt07ss5

Can you possibly upload a copy of your zipped model file? This will permit us to track what is happening upon import rather than simply examining the resulting analysis model.

Lee Kania
Message 3 of 8
mt07ss5
in reply to: LKania

Hi, 

Open: 3334188-0101-dyn100.asm

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Jon.Wilde

There are a few issues with the model setup too. Do you need these small gaps? These will be harder to mesh, although not impossible, they'll just need a small element size.

Small Gaps.png

You cannot have a fan on the outside of the model (this will produce an error) - create an inlet extrusion as a new part in CAD (which will be air in CFD) 5x diameter in length attached to it.

Also, the Boundary Conditions cannot be applied to the fan, they will be applied to the end of this extrusion.

You also have a P=0 applied to the fan shroud, which will not do anything.

Extend the outlet in the same way as the inlet.

Adding these solids in CAD and bringing through a hollow model will cause CFD to autofill the model for you.

I guess that this might have been launched with the Meshanica launcher rather than the default Granite launcher, is there a reason? The latter is likely to mesh a little better.

If you are not looking at heat loss from the external walls - suppress these from the mesh as they are not needed.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 5 of 8
mt07ss5
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi,

Thanks alot for the help, the mesh works fine now!

I didn't really understand you about the fan on the outside, i dragged it in a bit. But it seems like the fan in the electronic Tutorial is on the same level as the box. as i had before...?

I used Mechanica lancher because every time i try to open with Granit even for the electronic tutorial...the Autodesk cfd crashes and i get upp Autodesk cfd ERROR REPORT. I even get the same error when i tried to void fill in the tutorial. 

just crashes.....but with mechanica it seems to work so far,,,,i dont know why..

I wonder why the velocity vectors are pointed out at the back of the fan?..and does my simulation look realistic or have i missed a necessary boundary or something

Thanks again! 

Message 6 of 8
Jon.Wilde

Your inlet and outlet tube really should be longer (I appreciate this is an example model).

Could you share a CFZ?

Message 7 of 8
mt07ss5
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

do you mean this file..

Message 8 of 8
Jon.Wilde

Looks OK to me - I would uniform mesh the fan though, we always need at least 4-5 elements from inlet to outlet.

Otherwise all looks good!

I can't run it here without the CAD, strange that you had to use the Pro/mech launcher, maybe start a new thread for that if it is always the case.

You can also just go to 'new' in CFD and import the .asm directly (that uses Granite)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report