Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

Valued Contributor
jmcternan

Error: Cannot open the file

224 Views, 5 Replies
12-20-2012 12:45 PM

I am trying to open a cfdst file that I previously had no problems with.  I now get the following error message.

erro.JPG

Please use plain text.
*Expert Elite*
OmkarJ

Re: Error: Cannot open the file

12-21-2012 04:24 AM in reply to: jmcternan

Faced t he same problem and I realised that this happens when you are trying to open a cfdst file that is already open!

Try closing all the SmCFD windows and restart  the windows. Perhaps it may solve this.

Cheers

OJ

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
jmcternan

12-21-2012 06:16 AM in reply to: OmkarJ

Thanks.  I didn't have any other instances open; maybe has something to do with the cloud.  I did stop the job and then cancel the instance on the cloud.  I had another job that ran fine and when I tried to open the file again after a few weeks I got this error.  I really need to be able to open these jobs.

error.JPG

Please use plain text.
mark_youmans

03-07-2013 03:46 PM in reply to: jmcternan

Did you ever resolve this? I am all of a sudden getting the same error now on one of my projects.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
jmcternan

03-08-2013 05:20 AM in reply to: mark_youmans

Yes I think I have.  I think it happens when an instance is already open.  Occasionally all icons and any evidence of the running program will vanish, but it will be running in the background.  Maybe a problem with multiple monitors.  Check task manger to see if it is running an instance that you did not know about.

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
mark_youmans

03-08-2013 11:51 AM in reply to: jmcternan

Unfortunately I don't think this is the case. I have rebooted my PC a few times and no luck. I've run other simulations just fine, solving them and opening and closing them with no issues. I even tried copying the one that doesn't open to a thumb drive, then opening on a differnet computer, and no luck. It seems something perhaps got corrupted in the file. I can open the support file just fine also.

Please use plain text.