Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Cannot open the file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jmcternan
825 Views, 5 Replies

Error: Cannot open the file

I am trying to open a cfdst file that I previously had no problems with.  I now get the following error message.

erro.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: jmcternan

Faced t he same problem and I realised that this happens when you are trying to open a cfdst file that is already open!

Try closing all the SmCFD windows and restart  the windows. Perhaps it may solve this.

Cheers

OJ

Message 3 of 6
jmcternan
in reply to: OmkarJ

Thanks.  I didn't have any other instances open; maybe has something to do with the cloud.  I did stop the job and then cancel the instance on the cloud.  I had another job that ran fine and when I tried to open the file again after a few weeks I got this error.  I really need to be able to open these jobs.

error.JPG

Message 4 of 6
mark_youmans

Did you ever resolve this? I am all of a sudden getting the same error now on one of my projects.

Message 5 of 6
jmcternan
in reply to: mark_youmans

Yes I think I have.  I think it happens when an instance is already open.  Occasionally all icons and any evidence of the running program will vanish, but it will be running in the background.  Maybe a problem with multiple monitors.  Check task manger to see if it is running an instance that you did not know about.

Spoiler

Message 6 of 6
mark_youmans

Unfortunately I don't think this is the case. I have rebooted my PC a few times and no luck. I've run other simulations just fine, solving them and opening and closing them with no issues. I even tried copying the one that doesn't open to a thumb drive, then opening on a differnet computer, and no luck. It seems something perhaps got corrupted in the file. I can open the support file just fine also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report