Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic simulation during time

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mfqdias
340 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic simulation during time

Hi,

I didn't undersant quite well the simulation/animation part.

I've tried some examples and perform the simulation defining iterations an so on, but how can i perform a simulation of a flow during 5 min.

Let's say for example: i have a water flow with 80ºC of temperature that enters in a filled tank (with an outlet pipe also...) that has water at 10ºC. The water temperatures in the tank are different at the time 0min form the time of 2min and different of the time 5 min.

Is there any way that i can perform this kind of simulation with time and some kind of animation?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: mfqdias

Hi,

You would need to run a transient study.

Set an initial condition to the water (temp) and then solve with timesteps of maybe 0.5s - use an inner timestep of 3 to start with, the convergence graph should look smooth.

Alternatively (and faster)

If the flow field stays constant for the entire time, you could converge the flow as a steady state model, re-initialise the initial temp conditon and then run a transient study with flow off (it will use the previous results) and just heat transfer on. This will be far faster.

Be sure not to save out too many save intervals as you go. Although this is how we will create an animation, you should avoid creating a file that is too large. Typically we save out 30-50 results per run.

Hope that helps.

Jon

Message 3 of 3
mfqdias
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Ok. Thanks.

I will try it later and see how it goes and after i'll post here my feedback,

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report