Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in solution when solved on different machine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mayur.harip
294 Views, 2 Replies

Difference in solution when solved on different machine

Hello,

I am facing one issue. I am using CFD-2013 for natural convection analysis. when i setup and run a model on our Server m/c (hiving higher configuration), i am getting some result (say 183 degC coil temp). But the same model when i setup and run it on my local m/c, the result i am getting is different (161 degC coil temp). There is a wide difference in the results. Boundry conditions are also same with Auto meshing. 

Has anyone faced a similar problem? Could anyone plz explain the reason behind this and the solution for the same??

Thanks,

Mayur H

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are you setting the model up from scratch each time or are you using the support sharefile to move between each machine?

Are you running the model to convergence each time?

Is the mesh tight enough to capture the physics at hand, a default Automatic size may not be refined enough to capture the details and the two runs might be converging to slightly different solutions based on the mesh being too coarse to capture the gradients.

Message 3 of 3

Yes! on both machines i am starting from scratch. Right from importing the proe assembly--assigning material--BC--Automatic mesh generation--solving.

Automatic mesh is creating same no of elements on both the machines. For both the cases the model is converging (auto stop) at different iterations.

What is the criteria for a tight mesh? what convergence criteria is suitable?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report