Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Density and viscosity variation in summary file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
napoleonm
346 Views, 3 Replies

Density and viscosity variation in summary file.

CFD 2013

We have notice that in some simulations after running an internal flow simulation using CONSTANTS density and viscosity values for an incompressible analysis setting, the summary files shows  important variations in these properties, what is happening in the simulation?.

Perhaps for another similar simulation with the same settings, summary file shows same value at minim, maximum and mean values as it should be.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OmkarJ
in reply to: napoleonm

Just exploring this point further, some authors propose that an incompressible flow has a constant density along a particle pathlines, but different pathlines may have diferent densities and thus there may be different densities at different regions in space, but in time the density is constant. And there is an ideal case of incompressible flow where the density on all pathlines is also same, and thus, is same across the space and time, and then it is turmed as "homochoric" or "nondilatational." I don't know if this has to do anything with this observation though...

Message 3 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: napoleonm

Not something I've noticed. Do you have a simple model to share where you see this?

Best regards,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 4
napoleonm
in reply to: Royce_adsk

I can share the summary file in the forum, but I will sent the support file using a support call.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report