Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import any file to CFD '14

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stas87
595 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot import any file to CFD '14

Hi,

i'm just starting to use CFD simulation but cannot proceed furher than setting up the new study. I have made a simple assembly of heatsink and heat-generating component in inventor 2014 and save it in couple of different formats such as .stp, .dwg, .x_t and .iam, of course. When i'm trying to create the new study, the error pops up saying that geometry cannot be imported and that i should go and check my model. 

So i do not know what to do guys. And there is no sim cfd option under the Simulation tab on my Inventor'14. I have applied sp2 for CFD. And by the way, i'm using that new **** as Windows 8.1. Thanks1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobTipples
in reply to: stas87

Step files (.stp) are not a valid import format for Autodesk CFD. Aside: this is somewhat of a glaring omission as it is the universal CAD data exchange format.

Message 3 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: RobTipples

There is a simpler way - just go to New within CFD and open the iam from Inventor, no need to save out another CAD format.

Check it with a simple cube too - perhaps the issue really is with the geometry?

Kind regards,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report