Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access the License Server from the Interface?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Royce_adsk
3047 Views, 6 Replies

Can't access the License Server from the Interface?

A common issue that users are encountering with installing Simulation CFD 2012 is that even after confirming that the license server is working correctly in lmtools, while loading CFD 2012 the following error message is shown.

Error Message

The solution here only applies to computers that are both running the license server (ADLM) and CFD 2012.

Open the following file in notepad:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2012\licpath.lic

In this file you probably will see the following

SERVER myServer 000000000000

USE_SERVER

What we need to do is change it to this

SERVER 127.0.0.1 000000000000

USE_SERVER

This ip address is the local ip address for your computer and will get around an issue with Flex.

After you change the file and save it, try to open Autodesk Simulation CFD 2012 again.  Hopefully this time the error message will go away and the interface will load.

Give that a try and if doesn't help please contact us in support!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MarkMazour
in reply to: Royce_adsk

We have Autodesk Vault 2011 and Autodesk Algor 2011 on network licenses and they have been working fine. Yesterday after installing Autodesk CFD 2012 on a workstation. I contacted Autodesk authocodes providing them my existing license file and had them append the file with the CFD section. After implementing the new license files Algor and Vault were able to get a license and functioned fine. But the CFD gets this error.

I have checked the Server status tab and the license is being broadcast ( Users of 85908SCFDCI_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use) ). I have also reinstalled CFD making absolutely sure I entered the server name correctly.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this when the License Server is not on the workstation?

Message 3 of 7
Royce_adsk

Hi Mark,

Quick question for you on your previous post. Did you only generate the one licence for the inventor connection for cfd? If so, you probably need to register more products like the user interface (design study environment) and one of the solvers.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 7
MarkMazour

No I did not. Actually I had no idea there were three licensable components...until I finally talked to Blue Ridge Numerics (CFD) and they gave me all three serial numbers. I then was able to get a license with all three incements.

At any rate we are now running.

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: MarkMazour

To answer your original question, to resolve connectivity issues when the NLM is not on the workstation, you need to address the IPv6 connectivity issue.  This information should help the next person with the problem who finds this post on a search. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7

I am installing stand alone version but getting same error.

Try to resolve

Message 7 of 7
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: mahesh.nalamwar

This must be one of our oldest threads 😄

Might you be able to start a new one?! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums