Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFDesign 2011 license server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MarkusWendeler2610
2422 Views, 4 Replies

CFDesign 2011 license server

Hi,

we're using CFDesign 2011. Yesterday, our license server "died".

I've installed the license server on a new hardware but the old license file doesn't work (because of the different hardware id). How can I get an new license file? Or is it possible to move or import the old license file to the new server?

All links to cfd-customer-portals are pointing to autodesk, but that seems to be a dead end.

I really need help, because our users cannot login anymore.

Thanks,

Markus Wendeler

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This question belongs in the Network Licensing forum. You would have gotten an immediate answer.  Instead I found you by randomly searching for license questions from users. 

In any case, you need to get a new license file for new hardware. 

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

www.licenseparser.com > This will break down your current license file into plain english and you will find the serial number there.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv4-windows

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv6-windows

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

Sorry about posting into the wrong forum. I've tried to follow your suggestions, but I guess the problem is, that the our actual license is the original cfdesign license - so we don't have an autodesk serial number. Here's what the license file parser says: 

21-02-2013 07-31-55.png

Every license activation tool of autodesk wants to know the serial number first - so how can we use this without the number, or how can we get a new serial number or license? The hardware-id of the new server: 001018F74187. Name of the server: sv017.itmm.biz

I also attached the original CFDesign lic-file.

Thanks for the help. Markus Wendeler

Message 4 of 5

This forum is good for this kind of question since only the CFD team will be able to provide information about the old cfdesign licensing structure. The Autodesk Licensing Team probably not!

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 5 of 5
kyvia
in reply to: MarkusWendeler2610

Hi Markus,

Iam having the same problem as you. Our server phisically moved last week and we had the hardware id changed as well. Since then I cannot login on CFDesign, the license doesn't work.

My version is CFDesign v10.0 and I also need some help.

If someone could help us to get I new license file, that will be great.

Thanks,

Kyvia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report