Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD to Mech

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ajay.s
336 Views, 3 Replies

CFD to Mech

Dear CFD users,

Can I please request information on following plz,

1). The bottom link for CFD-To-Mech "Pressure Mapping" from Exchange Apps -will it be included with Release 2015 CFD ???

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/SCFD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Asimcfdtos...

2). More work arounds example would be required to understand the app. and utilise it to determine its limitations.

Many Thanks,

Cheers,

Ajay.S

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: ajay.s

Ajay,

This is something that the development teams have been looking in to.

For #2 I'm not sure I'm following the comment.

You can use the app to map pressures from CFD to any Brick/Tet meshed Linear Static Stress model in Mechanical.

There is a video on SimTV of how to use it (here)

Apolo

Message 3 of 4
nhahn
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Can this add-in be run in a configuration where the wind tunnel is modeled in CAD, and I simultate the whole assembly, instead of using an external volume in CFD?

In  that case, can I just suppress the wind tunnel in FEA?  or do I need the two CAD models to match exactly?  Does it matter if the wind tunnel and part interfere or will that confuse the add-in?

I ask because I have tried this a few times now and it always hangs  where it says "This operation could take some time please be patient" (or rather, the add-in seems to terminate without notice, since CFD still responds).

I have been patient but there are no processes running and the add-in never finishes running.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
nhahn
in reply to: nhahn

Also - do we need to avoid geometry modifications if CFD such as remove small surfaces?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report