Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD is stopping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrew.lesiecki
524 Views, 4 Replies

CFD is stopping

I am trying to run CFD on parasolid files i have imported from solidworks. I am setting the boundary conditions inlets 88 fps, outlest pressure 0, and side as slip/ symmetry. Doing an autosize for MESH then adding a region right around where my wing profile is. I set it to enable adaptions 3 runs, 300 iterations, Turb. model to RNG, turb/lam ratio 10, turb intensity .01 . The program will run through the mesh check then just stop with it saying queed... I have ran 2 dozen CFD runs before this with the same parameters and not had a probblem until this past week and now it keeps happening no matter what i do. Am i doing something wrong? Also i am trying yo run these on my Hp laptop A8 AMD i don't know if that is part of the problem. Attatched is the case file. Please HELP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Anything? Anyone?

Message 3 of 5

Hi Andrew,

aside from your issue I'd stop working with this geometry since it looks to me if it is a perfect fit for a 2D simulation. So just create a planar 2D surface part in CAD and move on with that. should be much quicker.

Marco

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: andrew.lesiecki

Do you use remote solvers? Are any simulations running? Try to monitor this using Solution Monitor

Message 5 of 5
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: OmkarJ

Looking at your file I see that you had this on H: drive (is this a network share)?

I would suggest that you move the file to your local harddrive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report