Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD crash on each start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Michael.Koch
545 Views, 3 Replies

CFD crash on each start

Hello,

i have a big problem with CFD after we changed some hardware (SSD) and installed Win7 (Prof 64bit).

CFD crashes on every startup with an error (picture). I already installed SP1 and disabled the TabletInputServices but still nothing works. We are running CFD 2013 on 4 different Computers (XP,Win7,...) with no problems.

There is also a problem with the start of inventor, here nothing happens (no program and no errors).

Anyone an idea?

Thanks for reading and help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Michael.Koch

There is an active case open with support regarding this issue.  We will try to update the forum with the resolution.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
OmkarJ
in reply to: Michael.Koch

Just yesterday I encountered the similar problem in Inventor as I was greeted with the similar error window.  With all efforts in vain, I used the age-old solution for most software problems: uninsitall-install. And it was alright. Took me few minutes but at least I resumed work!

Don't know if SimCFD responds similarly though.

OJ

Message 4 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: OmkarJ

When I uninstall and reinstall when there are running issues I like delete the following folders after uninstalling.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

When you install the next time make sure you right click on the installer and pick 'run as admin'.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report