Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD and Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
648 Views, 1 Reply

CFD and Inventor

Hello,

I am trying to set up CFD to work with my inventor setup.  I am a student and hence using the educational versions of Inventor 2012 and CFD 2013.

I have both pieces of software installed on my machine and both are activated.  When I open one of the example designs in inventor and then try to launch CFD the CFD picture appears, a window briefly opens and then closes again. When I try to launch my own design into CFD, nothing happens at all - Inventor just stops responding.

Is there a step I am missing?  I am under the impression that perhaps I need to register an Inventor CAD module for CFD, however I do not know how to get this.  I thought that the student versions were supposed to have full functionality?!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Aaron

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Aaron,

It is always best to experiment with something simple first so you are doing the right thing using one of our example models.

The issue here is most likely down to privileges/security.

Are you launching from the C drive? This is a possible cause, all analyses shoudl be lauched and run locally.

Could you change the security settings of the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013) to allow full access to the user account (this is in properties)

Kind regards

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report