Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

aoliver-

CFD and Inventor

392 Views, 1 Replies
08-28-2012 10:01 AM

Hello,

I am trying to set up CFD to work with my inventor setup.  I am a student and hence using the educational versions of Inventor 2012 and CFD 2013.

I have both pieces of software installed on my machine and both are activated.  When I open one of the example designs in inventor and then try to launch CFD the CFD picture appears, a window briefly opens and then closes again. When I try to launch my own design into CFD, nothing happens at all - Inventor just stops responding.

Is there a step I am missing?  I am under the impression that perhaps I need to register an Inventor CAD module for CFD, however I do not know how to get this.  I thought that the student versions were supposed to have full functionality?!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Aaron

Please use plain text.
Product Support
wildej

Re: CFD and Inventor

08-31-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: aoliver-

Hi Aaron,

It is always best to experiment with something simple first so you are doing the right thing using one of our example models.

The issue here is most likely down to privileges/security.

Are you launching from the C drive? This is a possible cause, all analyses shoudl be lauched and run locally.

Could you change the security settings of the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013) to allow full access to the user account (this is in properties)

Kind regards

Jon

Jon Wilde
Please use plain text.