Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD 2013 With Windows8

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
office
2014 Views, 30 Replies

CFD 2013 With Windows8

We have this big problem when instaling CFD 2013 in windows 8. Not just that in want install itself it screw all other Autodesk programs (Inventor,3ds MAx) and they want start and you can not export licence.It won't uninstall or reinstall.

I give you screnshoot and log file.By the way the CFD 2012 worked OK

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: office

Perhaps we could discuss what you are finding is missing in CFD2014 and try to help there instead? I assume there is something driving you towards CFD2013/14 vs 2012 if you are wishing to have it operating with Windows 8?
Message 22 of 31
office
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

To tell you the truth Jon, 2012 version is most workable. Overall the best is 2014 version but we do not use it because we do not have it but I did try it quite a bit during testing beta period.

Advantages of 2012 over both versions 2013 and 2014:

Much more intuitive UI (new icons are better looking but schedule and position are much worse in new versions).

When you stop simulations with rotating regions and start it again rotating results are still being written corectly in data files within scenario folder. This is not the case with 2013 and 2014 versions, when you stop simulation under same conditions in these versions you will only have written correctly last results, after restarting simulation it will only be rewritten same result (last iteration when is simulation stopped) as much the rest of iteration in simulation is remained.

2013 and 2014 have better initial accepting geometry and better meshing. 2014 with surface fluid simulation capabilities and additional turbulence models is overall best version in terms of capabilities but if 2012 version would have same simulation capabilities it would be overall best. 

Message 23 of 31
rbtipton

I am going to try downloading and running 2012.

I am just shocked that Autodesk will not fix the license server issue that
prevents 2013 from running on W8.
Message 24 of 31
office
in reply to: rbtipton

Yes that flexera stuff is really annoying - I would suggest Autodesk engineers next solution which will secure their IP i.e. running non registered software, and spare the users from frustration of server license related issues. I am not software engineer but I could give you suggestion based on common sense. As much as I can see server licensee is based on computer physical address - so why not make a license but based only on specific computer physical address. But this license file (app) code would be code - password protected (encrypted) so that no one (except NSA of course;) could not access the code if does not know the password. So if registred user change physical address he would sent new physical address to Autodesk and Autodesk would sent new activation software to user based on his new computer physical address. So there it is solution for reliable webless activation as well rejection of frustrating server based activation system.

Message 25 of 31
ehtesham.bokhari

I have

inventor 2014

Mechanical 2014 

installed on my WINDOWS 8

I also want CFD.

do you think I should try downloading and installing CFD 2013 instead of CFD 2013 ?

regards

Ehtesham

Ehtesham Bokhari
PhD Student
Thermal and CFD Simulation Analysis
Message 26 of 31
ehtesham.bokhari

Can you please give me the download Link/URL   for CFD 2014, because I am unable to find the download link on my autodesk login

Thank you

Ehtesham Bokhari
PhD Student
Message 27 of 31
office
in reply to: ehtesham.bokhari

As I said before overall best is 2014 version so if you can maybe that best solution for you, but if you do make a lot of rotating regions simulations I do not sugest you to interupt simulations before thay are finished, if rotation data like RPM in data file (which can be read excel or open office excel) are important to you.

Message 28 of 31

Hi Ehtesham,

I took a look in your account and can see that you only have up to CFD 2013 available - this is because there was no subscription purchased, which includes software updates.

Nenad,

Could I suggest that you post your request in the Idea Station so that it gets heard and does not get lost within the rest of the forum posts?

It seems like you have some thought that would be nice to have logged as an official request.

Best regards,

Jon

Message 29 of 31

hello,

how much is the subscription fee.
because, I really need CFD 2014
and what is the mode of payment

--
Regards
Ehtesham
Ehtesham Bokhari
PhD Student
Message 30 of 31
ehtesham.bokhari

how to change subscription to get CFD 2014.
Please guide me for that

--
Regards
Ehtesham
Ehtesham Bokhari
PhD Student
Message 31 of 31

Hi Ehtesham,

You are a student and should be able to get the software through http://students.autodesk.com/.

You don't need a subscription.  

I am going to close down this windows 8 thread.  The original question was answered.  CFD 2013 is not supported with Window8 and no further development work is being done with CFD 2013.

Thanks!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report