Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk results from multiple regions on a plane..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cnoj
269 Views, 5 Replies

Bulk results from multiple regions on a plane..

Hi

I need to compare the flow rate through multiple resistance regions that all have their exhausts on the same plane. There are no gaps between the regions so Bulk Results sees them as a single region.

Is there a quick/automated way to obtain the CFM through each region individually? I can use bulk results with only one region visible at a time but then I have to manually paste results for each run into a spreadsheet which I'm finding a little labor intensive.

Thanks,

jon

Inventor 2013/Pro SP2
SimCFD 2015 SP2
Win7-64bit
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
srhusain
in reply to: Cnoj

An alternate way (which may be initially a bit complicated) is to save the bulk results to a comma separated value (CSV) file and then use Excel to automate what you are doing.

Hope this helps a bit.

Message 3 of 6
Cnoj
in reply to: srhusain

There's still the problem of the Bulk Results (and CSV file)  showing a single flow rate for all the regions combined. To get a flow rate for each region I still need to use visibility to isolate them one at a time.

Inventor 2013/Pro SP2
SimCFD 2015 SP2
Win7-64bit
Message 4 of 6
srhusain

Sorry about that- it seems that presently the visualization software does not provide the feature that you seek. However, i may be wrong on this claim and others might know better.

Message 5 of 6
OmkarJ

Not sure if I understand your problem but have you tried "slicing" the geometry in such a way that each resistance region is contained by one part. After you have results, you can hide the other regions and see the bullk result on the plane of the only region that is visible. This way you can alternate between all regions and get your flows.

Message 6 of 6
Cnoj
in reply to: OmkarJ

Yes that's the way I'm working. Problem is I might have 12 regions and 6 design iterations meaning I have to go through the process 72 times to manually collect all the data I need.

Inventor 2013/Pro SP2
SimCFD 2015 SP2
Win7-64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report