Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing the drawaings of Inventor to CFD and simulate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
are_peace86
302 Views, 2 Replies

Bringing the drawaings of Inventor to CFD and simulate

Hi All ,

im newbies here . just to ask profesional user advice about mixing 2 type of liquid in a mixing tank in room temperature simulation . attach below is my objective of that simulation and i did not yet perform the simulation like this before . Can you provide me the detail about how to do simulation of that tank using propeller 

Diameter Tank  :   

Long tank  : 4m (L) x 2.5m (W) x 4.5m (H)

Objective  :  To simulate whether solvent + powder are well mixed in good circulation, without stagnant zone at room temperature

Best Regard ,

Mohd Hafiz

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: are_peace86

Hello,
Can you attach screenshots of what you need or
how it looks? In CFD you can mix 2 liquids with Scalar variable.
Dan
Message 3 of 3

Given the mention of propeller, I would sugget looking at Rotating Regions, or motion (depending on the design)

This will inherently be a transient simulation, so you will ahve to run it for enough timesteps to get to where you would typically measure the mixing quality.

From there you can look at Water Age as this will tell you regions of stagnant zones within the domain.

If you need to go further you could add complexity and try to introduce scalar which would allow for tracking of 2 species.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report