Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary conditions will not go between volumes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ptitleman
391 Views, 2 Replies

Boundary conditions will not go between volumes

I have a tank with water being pumped in through an inlet hole, and coming out of a perforated plate.  When i do either a void fill to create the volume of water between the inlet/outlet, or if I create it in the model, CFD is separating the water into 2 volumes.  If you look in th epicture below, the water is being pumped in to the small volume at the inlet, but the paparmeters are not transfering to the larger volume within the tank.  

Is it possible to merge the 2 volumes into 1.  If not, is there something I need to do to get the water to flow from one volume to the next?

I am new with the CFD software, so it is difficult to troubleshoot when something does not go as planned.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Tank.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: ptitleman

Hi ptitleman,

I would start by suggesting you add a cylinder to the inlet, in CAD, that will also be the fluid - this way we have a nicely developed flow entering the domain. Whenever you bring a hollow but sealed model from CAD into CFD, we will automatically fill the void for you with an addional part, this is often the simplest process.

Secondly, this might be down to meshing, are you able to share a support file? This would be a .CFZ file and you can save one out from the interface by going to the S and then Save Share File.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
ptitleman
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thank you for the response.  Here is the .CFZ file I am working with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report