Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CFD License problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
idosbass
966 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Simulation CFD License problems

Hi there, 

I am using Autodesk CFD 2013 under an education license because I am taking a CFD course over next summer and I would like to get some exoerience on the basics before I go in. 

But when I installed the software (and reinstalled several times), with a standalone license, the program starts fine, and I can set all of my parameters and import geometry and all that jazz, but when I try to SOLVE, it says there is a "message from a background program" that says

Unable to initialize ADLM

error code <-104>

When I hit ok, it brings me back to CFD where it asks me to check to make sure my licpath.lic is in the installation folder, and if not, to add the following two lines to a blank .txt file and change the name to licpath.lic:

SERVER servername 0

USE_SERVER

with the name of my computer to be the servername. I have tried this, but it does not resolve the issue, I have also tried running the batch file to change the registry to en_US (although my registry was already set to that) and I have tried multiple iterations of the licpath file, using my computer name, 127.0.0.1, and even including my physical address where the 0 goes like would be found in a network license.

This has been really frustrating, especially since I got inventor 2013 to work flawlessly at the same time. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: idosbass

So if it is a stand-alone license, why would you be making changes as if it were a network version?  Are you running LMTOOLS locally for that product?  Are you running a mix-match of stand-alone and network seats?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
idosbass
in reply to: TravisNave

It was installed as a stand-alone license, not as a network license, and I am only making the changes it tells me to try to make. I am running LMTOOLS, but I don't know why it got installed. It does not have a license file to point to, and when it is running it does not say that it has any servers running.

I installed Inventor just fine and it works ok, and like I said, the program Simulation CFD starts up and I can make changes and apply materials and initial conditions, but when I hit solve is when it tells me it is trying to launch ADLM and there is a failure. I have tried re-installing it multiple times by uninstalling Simulation CFD and reinstalling it, but is there any way to just completely remove ALL autodesk products and try again?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
robert.camilleri

HI, I was wondering if you had manage to resolve this issue.  thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report