Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
allous5
1684 Views, 22 Replies

Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

hello there,

I have Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013 and the software is running normally. The issue arises every time I tried to generate the mesh, the following error message pops out: Error Message—Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly I have tried all options  as mentioned in the following link

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17496447&linkID=18154757

such as: solving the memory problems and increasing the

required RAM (MaxRadMatrixSize 6GB) coarsen the mesh simplifying the geometry and BCs as well. Even with a simple problem such as flow inside a single pipe,  the same issue happened. (take a look at the attached file)

please let me know what the problem could be and how to resolve it?

thank you very much

regards,

EJ

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: allous5

Hi EJ,

Can you confirm that you are running this from a local harddrive?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 23
allous5
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Dear John,
no, I'm running the software on a sharing network.
the main software is located on the administrator pc (on my boss pc) therefore, we are using the software on a shared network.
I tested the software on his pc, and it running perfectly.
what do you think I should do in this case??

thanks for your response.
EJ
Message 4 of 23
Jon.Wilde

By using on a shared network do you mean you have it installed locally but with the licence networked?

If that is the case, I suggest you try running the model from a local file.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 5 of 23
allous5

Yes, correct
I meant that the software is installed locally but with the license networked.
ok so then how to run the model from a local file??
can you explain please in more details

Thanks
EJ
Message 6 of 23
Jon.Wilde

Hi EJ,

It is fine to use a network licence.

I mean that the project you open must be on your C drive - the cfdst or CAD you launch from must be held here. This is the likely cause.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 7 of 23
allous5

Great
I transferred my Autodesk project and CAD model to the main C drive and now it's working and the mesh is generated 🙂

I really appreciate your help
thanks
EJ
Message 8 of 23
Jon.Wilde

Hi EJ,

Not a problem, pleased to hear it works.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 9 of 23
fathur.rozi

Hello,

The same problem may happen to me, the process stuck when solving, I try to stop the process and I try with a new file, also stops with quequed message.
please help me
thank you verry much

Message 10 of 23
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

It sounds like your first problem is that you have a model stuck in the queue. With CFD closed, open up the SimCFDserver (right click and run as admin) and then Stop/Uninstall/Reinstall the server using the available buttons. That should give you a fresh slate to start running from - the model that shows as queued might not run though, you may need to start over from the _support.CFZ that would have been created when you pressed 'Solve'

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 11 of 23
fathur.rozi

Dear Jon,

I apologize to bother you again, I still got same problem after uninstall/reinstall CFD, for info, I use windows 8.0, the software is located in my pc as administrator, I run the model from my local C drive.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Fathur

Message 12 of 23
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: fathur.rozi

Hi Fathur,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. It might be worth taking a look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18552021&linkID=18154757

Are you still running CFD 2013? If so, then Windows 8 is not supported, which is a likelt explanation.

If you are running CFD 2014, it should be OK.

Best regards,

Jon

Message 13 of 23
fathur.rozi

Hi Jon,

I use Autodesk_Simulation_CFD_2014_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm

thx,

fathur

Message 14 of 23
Jon.Wilde

Have you tested a really simple model to verify that the model setup is not the issue?

Thanks,
Jon
Message 15 of 23
fathur.rozi

Yes, I already tried with simple pipe model

Regards,
Fathur
Message 16 of 23
Jon.Wilde

Hi Fathur,

Just to be clear - are you seeing an error or just finding that the model remains queued?

Did you clear out the server manager?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 17 of 23
JohnTomasik6493

I have the same issue.  See attached JPEG.  I'm running one of the tutorials, and about 160 steps in, I get the attached message.  Thinking I have write permission issues on my C:/ drive, I copied the entire Simulation CFD 2014 directory to my slave drive (D:/ - which is where I keep all of my data files local).  I still get the same error.  

Message 18 of 23
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: JohnTomasik6493

Hi John,

I suggest you leave the installation folder alone - apart from one thing - could you right click it and check the security settings. Check that that 'user' account has full access.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 19 of 23
fathur.rozi

Dear Jon,

Excuse me, continue to this discuss, my server manager status is Ok, even my colleague who run CFD with link to license in my computer also running well,

I attached the step before stuck on solving, it seem like not connected to the license.

in the error message there is @127.0.0.1 I don't know, this is not may IP address

Thank you and Best Regards

Fathur

Message 20 of 23
fathur.rozi

Dear Jon,

I am sorry forgot the attachment

Regards

fathur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report