Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Geometry from Pro/Engineer Wildfire into Simulation CFD 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alistair.x.walker
493 Views, 3 Replies

2D Geometry from Pro/Engineer Wildfire into Simulation CFD 2014

I am looking to create a 2D axisymmetric model in Simulation CFD 2014, using geometry imported from Pro/Engineer Wildfire. I can't import a non 3D object into Simulation CFD 2014 from my CAD package, Pro/Engineer Wildfire, and I currently don't have access to the mechanica module in Pro/Engineer. Is that necessary for getting a 2D sketch into Simulation CFD?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The CFD connection for ProE Wildfire has two options, Granite (default) and Mechanica. CFD Granite option doesn't support 2D models. You should use the Mechanica option to launch a 2D model to CFD. You may also use Wildfire to open this 2D model and then save the model into an IGES (or STEP) file. CFD can then open this 2D model.

Ted Liang

Message 3 of 4

Ted,

Thank you for your reply. How do I go about opening an IGES file in Simulation CFD 2014? The only files available for me to start a project with are CAD type drawing files, like .prt files and the like.

Thanks,

Alistair

This e-mail was sent by GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
(registered in England and Wales No. 1047315), which is a
member of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies. The
registered address of GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
is 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS.
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, CFD 2014 doesn't support IGES or STEP format (CFD 2015 does). CFD 2014 should come with Fusion 2013 R1. You can use Fusion to open this 2D ProE model and save it as .sat (ACIS) format. CFD 2014 can then open this 2D model translated with Fusion.

Ted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report