Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help for surface meshing issues

help for surface meshing issues

Ideally I'd like to have the surface meshing process to finish, even if it could not mesh a particular face, before the simulation aborts. So it could identify all surfaces with (mostly) too rough mesh sizes and put them into a geometry group which can finally be displayed and evaluated.

5 Comments
LKania
Alumni

Marco,

Is the mesh preview option available in the context menu not sufficient for your purposes?

marco.mueller
Advocate

Hi Lee, for the workflow it would be not very helpful to check every time before meshing the preview, since it can take a long time for the full model and as far as I know, it would not highlight problematic faces.

LKania
Alumni

Marco,

If the preview was faster, would this then suit? Though it's true that surface meshing performed in the preview does not account for boundary layer mesh settings, this process does use the same isotropic sizing information as does the formal meshing process. Failures during the preview are tallied but not identified specifically at the moment, so you'd know only that there were failures. You'd have to hunt a bit to find those surfaces where no mesh exists.

Lee

marco.mueller
Advocate

well, it would be not bad, if it was so! But really helpful at the meshing process is the fact that the number of the unmeshable face is reported anyway. So I thought this could be automated and grouped, so the user can identify quickly all areas of concern.

LKania
Alumni

Marco,

The formal meshing process stops at the first surface for which meshing fails; there could be issues for those surfaces where meshing had not yet been attempted. The preview, however, will examine all surfaces selected so all failures are known at the conclusion of the operation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report