1. Make part names/numbers more flexible and readable.
- It would be helpful to be able to rename (or create a display alias) and/or renumber parts in CFD. When they come from CAD it seems arbitrary what order they are in, and if I change the CAD model the part numbers move around, and mess up my summary parts. I know you can make rules for this, but it seems unecessarily complicated vs. just changing the name/number. Also, sometimes the CAD names are not pretty or self-explanatory, and I want to show the CFD results to a client with a legend they can understand.
- It would be good to allow word-wrap in the design study browser so we can see long part names and BC names.
2. Allow some way to associate different parts from different designs to the same summary part. Again, this is for when I add something to a model, or change a part in an assembly, and the summary parts no longer correspond.
3. Improve the usefulness of the results part output.
- The wall of text is OK for model diagnostics, but it would be much better in a tabular form, and much more useful if it could be exported as a CSV or other data file type instead of text.
- Also, make this organized by timestep (or select whether it's sorted by timestep or part number). Right now if I have 4 saved results, I get all 4 from part A, then all 4 from part B, etc. Usually I'm looking for the latest.
- Allow me to select which results to calculate. Usually I only care about one value, and don't want to see the bounding box etc. for every part every time.
- Let me resize the bloody window so I can read the text! (this is everywhere not just here).
4. In the summary parts output,
- Let me resize or rename the columns
- Let me plot part values vs time step in addition to vs each other (would love to be able to do this without creating a summary part)
- Let me show more than one result value row per part instead of having to choose from pulldown list.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.