Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot more than one point on a graph

Plot more than one point on a graph

It would be nice to have the ability to plot more than one nodal/point on a graph. For example, plot the inlet and outlet temperature to see how each one heats up.

Ideally, any type of result that can be contoured or calculated (like results at a wall or summed on a plane) should be graphable. I suggest looking at Simulation Mechanical which has a fairly robust graphing capability, including features such as:

• customizing the plot (colors, grid lines, plotting methods of line, bar, area graphs, etc)
  • zooming in on a section of the plot. (I use this often to get a more accurate "reading" of a value.)
  • when plotting multiple points, have the option to sum the results, or plot the maximum, minimum, average, etc.
  • Perform operations such as first and second derivative. (I was using the first derivative in a heat transfer analysis recently to see how quickly the temperature were changing; I had a specific degree/hour requirement to meet. Also handy to see when the temperatures reach "steady state".)

See "Graph Results of Analyses" in the Sim Mech help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report