Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Pipe Compact Model for CFD

Heat Pipe Compact Model for CFD

Heat pipes are quite ubiquitous these days in electronic packaging. The short cut to model the heat pipe as a highly conductive (~50-100,000 W/mK) rod must be done very carefully as it does not take into account the heat transfer capacity based on temperature and tube diameter. If the one does not take into account these variables then the simulation will give extremely optimistic results.

It would be great if Simulation CFD had a Compact Material Model for heat pipes that would perform the necessary transfer curve for the model.

Please?Smiley Wink

4 Comments
hartogj
Community Manager

Any comment on the input data you typically have available for these devices?

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually the manufacturer has the ability to do the necessary calculation for you on the device. I have attached a link to a online calculator that requires only a few parameters to be entered and the calculation returns a set of performance curves for various thickness of tubing. I do not know the math behind the calculation, but I assume it is not very complex. http://www.1-act.com/resources/heat-pipe-calculator/ I hope this help. Thank You, xsipower
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any progress on this?

Is there a work-around that you suggest us using until the implementation of this feature?

Thanks,

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report