Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combustion module

Combustion module

Create a phase change combustion module to show proper heat release and flame impingements.  Having the ability to see post combustion chemical breakdown such as NOx or CO would be great but to be able to predict temperatures around combustion equipment is the primary desire.

4 Comments
ldevine
Observer

I vote Yes for ths

TomHagerty
Observer

Good suggestion Paul.  I'd envision something similar to our cavitation model - where we account for the effects without getting into the deep details of gas bubble formation and collapse.  If I understand your goal from our conversation at the user group properly, it's less about chemistry, and more about capturing the flow and thermodynamic effects?

Over the past 12 years I've seen many customer applications where fuel/air mixing offers valuable insights - from industrial burners you can literally walk through, to oven range burners..  This would extend that approach to include thermal effects, right?

pschneider
Explorer
Correct, if we can take the air fuel mixture and then apply both convective and radiant heat to the mixture it would give much more accurate results for all users who have combustion in their analysis.

Sent from my iPhone
inventor_nomad
Observer

I vote Yes for this combustion module.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report