Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About energy balance in CFD 2014 online HELP

About energy balance in CFD 2014 online HELP

In Simulation CFD 2014 Help, about Users Guide, Simulation CFD 360 Notes, User Interface, Ribbon, Ribbon Tabs, Setup Tab, Results Tab, Results > Revire, Summaru File, If the outlet temperature predicted by Autodesk Simulation CFD is 31.1 C...

I think when performing the thermal fluid analysis , when analyzing an event , especially cooling and heating , important to whether the temperature difference becomes .

If it is assumed that heating by heat transfer from the heat source surface of certain relative to the fluid of 30 ℃, there is a big difference on whether the 31 ℃ as outlet temperature you pointed out whether the 31.1 ℃.
It is calculated as 85 ℃ outlet temperature and there is an error of 10% and assuming that the outlet temperature is 80 ℃ to increase the heat input a little more , but if not great this difference as impression ?

As the evaluation method of the analysis results , when you heat transfer amount , do you evaluate the heat transfer amount than the mass flow rate and temperature difference of Entry Exit , do you evaluate the amount of heat transfer from the wall , each a part
How do you think you can allow of no case where the evaluation of ...

When you look at the comments of destination development , because as you said, that will be an emphasis on temperature , what that reasonable to evaluate than the temperature difference between the Entry Exit ?

1 Comment
apolo_vanderberg
Autodesk Support

I"m not sure I follow what you are trying to mention here.

Are you looking for help with a specific energy balance of a particular model? If so, I would suggest posting on the Forums, or starting a Support case in Subscription Center where we can talk specifics about your model and its balance.

If youare asking for a specific enhancement, would you mind elaborating more specifically what you're looking for.

Based on the Details you are listing, yes we do talk about how we solve based on the thermal residuals and in some cases looking at an energy balance may show we have a larger imbalance than there is a change in the actual temperatures. However, doing the Calculation from Entry to Exit is the best starting point for assessing if you have a balance or not.

WIth more information we may be able to guide this better

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report