Shape Extraction for AutoCAD

Message 1 of 4 (884 Views)

faro 4.7 .fls indexing hangs at 96%

884 Views, 3 Replies
12-27-2010 03:27 PM

specs:

autocad map 3d 2011

(with concurrent install of Map 3d 2010, revit, arcmap and more)

windows 7 64 bit

12gb ram

intel quad core cpu

1gb radeon video card

faro scanner

faro scene 4.7

when i index an .fls point cloud, the counter hangs at 96%.  if i go to the file save location, the pcg file has been created, but i must copy this file to another directory or name since when i cancel the stuck at 96% indexing, it deletes the pcg file it created, too. 

i reinstalled my entire machine last week to fix this problem.  everything worked immediately following the reinstall of 2011, shape extraction tool, plus the SDK file (FARO sent to me to address a compatibility issue between FARO scene version 4.7 and autocad 2011). 

i'm not sure at which point it stopped working, but i did install revit architecture and arcmap version 10 after i installed autocad 2011 (not sure if i installed autocad 2010 before or after 2011).  both revit architecture and arcmap use SDK files, so my suspicion is that it has something to do with the installation of one of these programs.

there are 3 nearly identical machines all built in may of this year (2010).  none of the other machines is having this problem, also none of the other machines have revit installed on them.

anybody else having similar issues where the indexing hangs up?

any help greatly appreciated!

"the easiest way to destroy an enemy is to make them your friend..."  abraham linclon

"it is what it is"
Message 2 of 4 (622 Views)

Re: faro 4.7 .fls indexing hangs at 96%

04-14-2011 08:34 AM in reply to: sunofcain

I was reading your message and it sounds very similar to the problem i have been having did you ever manage to find out what was causing the indexing problem?

Employee
Message 3 of 4 (608 Views)

04-18-2011 12:26 PM in reply to: MonteHindbo

Sounds like an older FARO SDK being used to read/index a point cloud created using a newer one. I had to update my AutoCAD 2011 for a point cloud I recevied that would not index without the update.

You can try the latest FARO SDK files from http://www.faro.com/downloads/training/LS/Scene%204.8%20SDK/

Hope this is the solution for you.

Shaan Hurley
Technologist for the Office of the CTO
Autodesk, Inc.

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/
@ShaanHurley on Twitter
Message 4 of 4 (607 Views)

04-18-2011 12:52 PM in reply to: shaan.hurley

faro had actually finally supplied the sdk's to us so i have been able to get it working - thanks for your thoughtfull response and link to the sdk download...

adam

"it is what it is"

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community