Shape Extraction for AutoCAD

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Extraction Problems

328 Views, 3 Replies
01-11-2011 02:14 PM

I can usually get the extraction tools to work, but I have a large dataset loaded now, and it views quite well, but when I try to use the extraction tools and window an area, and the points are selected in sections and the extraction doesn't work.

I have attached a screenshot. This only seems to happen on really large (100 million plus) datasets.

The red in the screenshot is what is actually selected with the tools.

Kevin

Employee
yan.fu
Message 2 of 4 (315 Views)

Re: Extraction Problems

01-12-2011 08:54 PM in reply to: kgrover

When large data are loaded, AutoCAD only shows 1.5 million points. It means the density and quality of the original point cloud data are reduced and cause a noisy data. I think the failure of extraction is caused by the noise and lack of data after point reduction.

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (310 Views)

01-13-2011 05:49 AM in reply to: kgrover

I realize that it only views 1.5 million points, but shouldn't that be specific to your view?? I am using the crop tools in the lab add-on, so perhaps it is loading 1.5 million of the total dataset, and not 1.5 million of the cropped??

It should only be loading the cropped dataset. Am I right in this thinking??

Employee
yan.fu
Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)

01-13-2011 06:31 AM in reply to: kgrover

For the plug-in, only the viewed points are used for shape extraction. This is a limitation of the current plug-in.

The cropped points cannot reach 1.5 million. 1.5million includes the cropped and hiden parts. Actually, even after the crop, the whole data set is loaded. Some points are only temporarily hiden for the ease of view, but they are still included in the 1.5million.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community