Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reseting default lighting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cnikolaou
2932 Views, 2 Replies

reseting default lighting

Hi can anyone help me please??

I am working on a house model in 3ds max and i added daylight which changed the settings of my default lighting. When i render the interior it comes out very dark, but when i try to add any other lights such as omni etc they seem to be switched off. i deleted the daylight hoping the defualt lighting of 3d max would work again but it renders completly black!! how do i reset the default lighting? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: cnikolaou

I suspect that will be the Exposure Control, in Environments and Effects (Press '8' on keyboard for shortcut). Creating a Daylight system or Sunlight system will turn Exposure Control on. You can turn it off if it helps, or you can experiment with the Exposure value. I find 13 is a nice number for indoor shots. Remember though, when Exposure control is on and set set to mr Photographic Exposure Control you need to use only Photometric lights to light your scene, other standard lighting won't work. You should try to keep it on and use photometric lights if at all possible as it can lead to some nice renders if done correctly.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
cnikolaou
in reply to: darawork

Hi,

Ive tried it and it worked. Thank you very much. You saved the day!  Im trying to build my portfolio and when i called my 3d max tutor to help me he said there was nothing i could do and that i had to restart the whole thing from scratch. So thank you very much really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report