Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imf_disp not running

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
srlake31470
1727 Views, 7 Replies

imf_disp not running

Hey All.

I have tried other forums for this solution but so far nada.

Basically what is happening is that I've got my render passes done and then went in the render view window:

File>Load Render Pass>(diffuse for example) and it SHOULD open up imf_disp separately allowing me to view said pass, but it's not opening.

Now I've located the actual .exe file in the separate folder for the Mental Ray plugin 2014(since MR is not longer packaged inside of Maya).  It runs just fine on its own, but Maya just will not call it.

Is there a setting somewhere deep inside that I'm missing?  I've checked under Preferences>Applications, to see it could be checked on, as well as checking under the hood in window>settings and preferences>plugin manager, but to no avail. 

I've taken the advice of uninstalling Maya 2014, and installing the service pack 3, but again, NADA.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

Sean

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hilaire.gagne
in reply to: srlake31470

Hi Sean,

I've experienced the same issue and when I display the Maya History window, I noticed that the path to the file being called is incorrect.  I haven't located a solution for the issue as of yet, struggling getting a good z pass out in OpenEXR format, but I suspect the MEL script being called will be the first place to start looking. 

Hope that helps,

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2022

Message 3 of 8
srlake31470
in reply to: hilaire.gagne

Ok,

So this is what I did.  Since Maya is being a usual butt, I went to the files with the .exr extension and then pointed it to the imf_disp.exe in the following link:

C:programfiles/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2014/bin/imf_disp.exe

I assigned it to always open with that program.  Seems to work now.

Let me know if that helps you!

Sean

Message 4 of 8
srlake31470

Ok Maya is still not loading the file via Render View>load render pass>(named pass).  If I click on the passes listed...nothing, but if I do go to where those passes are, then I am able to double click on the file and voila, imf_disp opens up.  For some reason Maya REFUSES to open it up....hum.

2013-12-05_11h55_20.png2013-12-05_12h00_03.png

Message 5 of 8
hilaire.gagne

Hi Sean,

Bring up the Maya Script Editor log window and see where it was trying to find the file. I suspect you're experiencing the same issue as I am.

Cheers,

Message 6 of 8
srlake31470

Yeah,

I had done that but I guess I'm unsure how to tell MAYA where to go for that file.  I know where imf_disp is but I do not know how to tell Maya that she is blind and needs to look elsewhere :).

Message 7 of 8
hilaire.gagne

no worries,

I'll have a quick look on my test project later today and post up a sample of what the error should like and the .mel script name in case it helps someone in providing extra details as to the source of the issue.

Cheers,

Message 8 of 8
hilaire.gagne

Hi Sean,

Created a render layer /w a pass contribution map in one of my learning projects; here's the error information that appears in Window > General Editors > Script Editor:

// Error: line 1: Cannot display, image file does not exist: D:/Projects/2013_Lighting_Tutorials/maya/images/tmp/layer1/RenderCam/2013_OcclusionSandwich.exr // 
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/renderWindowPanel.mel line 1999: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\mentalrayForMaya2014\scripts\mentalray\invokeImfDisp.py line 7: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
line 1: Cannot display, image file does not exist: D:/Projects/2013_Lighting_Tutorials/maya/images/tmp/layer1/RenderCam/2013_OcclusionSandwich.exr # 

When I render the scene, I render from a custom RenderCam (i.e. not the Persp) camera as you can see from the log details.  As a workaround, I added <Camera>/<Scene> to File Ouput > File Name Prefix on the Render Settings Common tab ... success!  I can now select File > Load Render Pass > [nameofpass] from Render View.

Hope that helps,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report