Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voiding spherical characteristic from Environment Map

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dfox19
646 Views, 6 Replies

Voiding spherical characteristic from Environment Map

My rendering, shown below, keeps wrapping the image that I'm using for the Environment Map, creating a vortex-like appearance as the background.  I attempted to change this characteristic in the material window to "Screen" instead of "Spherical Object", but that has not changed anything.  Does anyone know how I could change this?  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

P.S.  I'm new to the forum and I could not find any topic on this particular "issue", so sorry if this is a repeat.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dfox19
in reply to: dfox19

Does no one know how to fix this issue?  That would surprise me.

Again, any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
ekahennequet

Several questions: How did you setup the Environment Map? Was it via Environment dialog, or is it a Spherical object? Are you displaying the map in your viewport? Could you do a screen grab of showing the Viewport, Envrionment dialog, and Material Editor?

Message 4 of 7
dfox19
in reply to: ekahennequet

Thank you for replying.  I have attached the Environment Map with the Material Editor as well as the viewport.  Could the initial daylight settings be the reason this is happening?

Message 5 of 7
PROH

Hi dfox19

Looking at "Environment Map.jpg" the problem could be quite simple. The map in the environment slot is not the same as the map in the material editor. They got different names.

Drag the map from the material editor to the environment slot, choose "Instanced", and render again. Does the problem persist?

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 6 of 7
dfox19
in reply to: PROH

Great catch, it worked!  Thank you very much assisting me; both of you, I really appreciate it.

I thought that I had done that before when I first had trouble with this a few months ago, but I guess there were other hidden issues that were eventually solved for that to finally work.  Again, thank you for the help!

Message 7 of 7
ekahennequet

Glad you solved the problem. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report