Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Ray GI anomaly, red spots in irradiance map

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CAMedeck
1132 Views, 1 Reply

V-Ray GI anomaly, red spots in irradiance map

I've run into this before, and found a way around it.  But it is plaguing me once again and I thought I'd see if anyone knows the cause and has a solution.  I'm creating an animation of the exterior of a building.  I sent the irradiance map as a network render job, then sent the final image job afterwards.   Checking the final frames this morning, I've found the last half of the sequence has the bright red spots as shown in the attached image.  They flicker about onto different surfaces, and the only light in the scene is a Daylight System using a vraysun.  

There is something in the lighting calcs that makes these red spots, and I can't figure out why.  But like I said, I've had this same issue in other projects before.  They were less severe then, and were fixed by Photoshopping the affected frames.  Not an option in this case.

Anyone have suggestions?  Thanks.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CAMedeck
in reply to: CAMedeck

I wanted to post an update on this issue.  Not exactly solved, but I found the issue.  I was using some 3dMentor plants with Forest Pack Pro, and it seems that one of the plants I had been using was the culprit.  I don't know exactly which it was, or why it was causing these hot spots.  But I believe it may have been one of the Bonus plant models, with the flowering bushes.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report