Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Consistent Colors

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Thrasill
9418 Views, 5 Replies

Render Consistent Colors

How can I render my object with consistent colors just like I see it in the Viewport with consistent colors. I tried with the quicksilver renderer. The quicksilver renderer works fine with all the other visual styles except Consistent Colors and Clay. For these 2 it appears black. I have attached my object in a jpeg. It's just a low poly character. I only applied a standard blinn material. No other effects.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Thrasill
in reply to: Thrasill

I noticed something weird. So I render the Teapot with Daylight and a plane beneath it. In realistic it looks perfect. But when I rendered consistent, clay and hiddenline I noticed a weird behaviour. It renders only the plane in a weird position. Have a look on the attachements please. 

Message 3 of 6
PROH

Hi. Consistent means "flat" without materials and lightshading. Since your 2 objects are having the same color (not material), you can't see where the teapot is (consistent render). Using the same grey color also gives you a bad "hidden line" render. Try to give the 2 objects 2 different clear colors - like blue and red - and see how it works.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 4 of 6
Thrasill
in reply to: PROH

Thanks for the reply. OK. So let me put it this way. Even if I create a box or a plane without applying anything on it, I just create a box and then render with Quicksilver with Consistent Colors style, still all I get is a black picture. I made sure the object is in the safe frame and I changed the colors, but all I get is black. I know consistent means flat. That's what I want to get: my character with the texture like it is in photoshop, and like it appears in the viewport when you have Consistent Colors on. No other shades or lights from 3ds max.

Message 5 of 6
PROH

Hi. That's strange. If your viewport is OK, I don't know why Quicksilver won't work. One solution could be to use Spacefrog's "PowerPreview" script - it works fantastic. You can find it here: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/powerpreview-high-quality-nitrous-previews

Hope it helps.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 6 of 6
Thrasill
in reply to: PROH

Thank you. That script worked just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report