Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night rendering settings include the moon?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
594 Views, 3 Replies

Night rendering settings include the moon?

Hello,

We are creating exterior night renderings. When I set the date and time in Max, does Max account for the moon phase at that time? I am noticing subtle ambient sky levels in the rendering, but am not sure where they are coming from.  Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Max does not show neither the moon nor subtle ambient skies, unless you did put them there yourself.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 4
Hwagner

if using the daylight system, also remember that the intensity does not change either, you will need to modify the intensity of the sun and sky to match what you want.

Message 4 of 4
Rob_J_

I have had success for single still images, using the daylight system, but turning the actual sun off while leaving the skylight on, and using a star image as a screened backdrop in my environment settings.  Rendered processing a final gather map with standard lights.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report