Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 - Batch Render in Hardware Renderer 2.0 won't work.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3445 Views, 11 Replies

Maya 2015 - Batch Render in Hardware Renderer 2.0 won't work.

Hey,

i wanted to render in Hardware 2.0 with Shader FX shaders applied but it stops at first frame.

// Rendering with Maya Hardware 2.0... //
// Percentage of rendering done: 0 (..\images/ship_fin1.iff) //
// Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

this is all i got in the log.. can anybody help me please?

best regards

Phil

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a supported video card?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: n8skow

I hve this exact issue and I have a Geforce GTX660.  Other renderers start up fine in batch render.  Renderlog sometimes says "cant create widget when no UI is in use."

Message 4 of 12
mtb_yoshida

I have the same problem.

In my case, batch render doesn't work and showed a crash message window.

I can preview shaderFx shader on viewport 2.0, also can "Render current frame" but batch render or render from terminal don't work.

I can batch render and terminal render Lambert, Phong,,, defulat shaders with HW 2.0.

Is this a predicted behaviour or is there something wrong?

I work with Maya 2015 x64 on OSX Mavericks.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hey Guy,

i haven't fix it yet, but i just downloaded a small script which is rendering every frame in the renderview but its not saving it.

So you dont realy get saved images from this render, but because everything is rendert in the renderview, the frames get saved in de tmp folder. You just have to copy them out =)! 

best regards

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

i guess thats ok as a workaround but its certainly not a solution. why has no one from autodesk even aknowleged this thread? between this, the SP2 breaking mental ray, and combining objects crashing the entire program, 2015 is looking pretty bad.
Message 7 of 12
mtb_yoshida

Thank you for the information.

Yeah that works as workaround but I indeed need to render from terminal in order to integrate rendering process onto our pipeline.

I also want to hear something official from Autodesk.

Message 8 of 12
mtb_yoshida
in reply to: mtb_yoshida

FYI, I found exported to CGFX from shaderFX can be rendered with both of batch render and terminal command.

The problem on this way is that it seems Antialiasing doesn't work with CGFX and Hadrawre 2.0 renderer.

Ummm, any workaround?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

If the file not rendering in batch mode . Then do one thing you hVe back burner in your system "it comes free with Maya" go in render option and in last there is option says create backburner job. Just put the system ip address in the manager ip .

Then go to run and typer manager and config if
Again go to run and fype server and put your ip address in server config.
The go to run and type monitor . There you will find your file start the render
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I get the following entry in my render log:

Maya exited with status -1073741819

This is completely unhelpful to me, but maybe someone from autodesk can tell me why?  It does it no matter what options I have turned on or wether I'm in DX11 or OPenGL mode.  It simply will not batch render HW2.0.  It just says 'rendering finished' and says see the log for more information.

Message 11 of 12
adamgravois

I'm also having this problem of HW Render 2.0 not batch rendering when ShaderFX is used. I can batch render HW Render 2.0 with standard materials, but assigning a ShaderFX shader causes the batch to fail with either status 1 or -1073741819.  

Tried it on two different Windows 7 x64 machines, both with Geforce GTX 580 video cards (that's a "supported" card, right?). Tried it with base 2015 install, and the Ext  1/ SP 5 update. And tried it on OSX; same problem. Very annoying. 

Question: can anyone confirm they HAVE batched rendered using HW Render 2.0 and ShaderFX? 

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report